Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a small lake last Friday night for a little smallmouth bass action - the bite is so-so  Avgerage size is runnin ~ 12 inches, but I caught several 14"+, and one 16". 

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Watson Smallmouth

WOW thats a good smallie even from where i come from (washington state) good job

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All the pic's on ImageShack are actually different fish...hard to tell cuz they're so small

·
Registered
935 Posts

Watson is great for smallmouth. I caught a bunch there in March/April while it was still pretty cold with tube jigs and small power minnows (snow on the bottom). If you know where the fish are, you can really clean up, there - and the fish are almost always nice.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Hey basshunter..got a question for ya.....
what tips would you give to a bank fishermen fishing Watson? I have fished Watson several times and have yet to get a bite.....any tips...tackle, lures, strategy? You cannot use live bait in that lake so I have been using Berkely minnows with small jig heads...no bites.

Pondfisher

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

pondfisher if you want to catch smallmouth bass pearl blue sinko works well, i fish the south platte by santa fe near the mc donalds and ive caught some nice smallmouth down there, its amazeing they got that far from chatfield, anyways good luck with the smallmouth, one more thing chatfield is doing good for smallmouth

·
Registered
238 Posts

your mentioned senkos..wacky rigged...texas...carolina? I dont use soft plastics much....drag it along the bottom...twitch it?

Pondfisher

·
Registered
2,547 Posts

pondfisher, texas rig and wacky rig and i usually pick um up on the drop, i twitch them if i dont get one on the fall , smallmouth also like minows, leecthes, i prefer sinko myself but the biggest smallmouth ive ever caught was on a nightcrawler

·
Registered
41 Posts

I have never been to Watson. I just started fishing in colorado since schools been out. Just curious if you can get a boat in there, i would love to get in on some smallie action. I usually only get to fish bass when i go home to washington during the summer.
Thanks,
Zack

PS: Burn-N-Daylight, where are u from in washington?

·
Registered
24,634 Posts

Zack

I dont think you can put a boat on Watson...but you can on horsetooth...it is full of smallies...lots of times along the dams...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts