Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used Smelly Jelly or trout gravy, etc. fishing for macs on granby? If so, does it work and what "flavor" do you reccomend to compliment a nice tube jig with a side of sucker meat?

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have been useing the salmon roe power dip from berkley, I have had Mac's, Rainbows, and Browns hit my jigs even when they are not tipped. I have not tried it at Granby yet this year but I think it would be worth a shot. Good Luck. 8)

·
Registered
297 Posts
Haven't tried it at Granby, but I don't go anywhere without it.
I always use the Crawdaddy or Crawfish. No scientific evidence, but it seems to work, I've fished the same jigs side by side with the same bait tipping them and the one that has the smelly jelly on it seems to get the most fish, not more intrest or hits, but more catches. But that's just my experience.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I tried 2 scents today shrimp smelly jelly and that powerbait trout scent. The shrimp didn't work, but the powerbait one did. It seemed to help when the fish were less active.

·
Registered
146 Posts
When I am fishing for lakers and the bite has ended but you can still see some movement on the bottem on the Vex. I will dip the tube jig and sucker into some Berkley Roe and give it a few twitches on the bottom and 9 out of 10 times that laker is mine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dipped a Swedish Pimple in Crawdad and Anis Smelly Jelly tipped with sucker at Granby, before my lure was within 5' of the bottom I watched 3 fish rise from the bottom to investigate.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts