Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the info on Seminoe. Spent three nights at the lake Aug 21-23. The two camp grounds at North Red hills have the low water ramp in and working. It looks like all the electric has been pulled and folks need a generator for power. We ended up staying in the Marina area (no generator at this time) for the electric. Other than it looking a little red neckish it was a good spot. Not one snake showed itself the whole stay. The lake had a huge algae bloom about 2 weeks before we gat there and the lake turned a week before our visit. Got 2 small walleyes in three days and a bunch of trout. It is amazing the difference in taste from the white flesh stockers to the nice pink flesh of the Seminoe trout. The kids enjoyed the white beach areas and we only lost one umbrella to an unexpected wind gust.

Went to Rifle Aug 23-27 after Seminoe. 1st time to Rifle other than when I used to Climb on the limestone caves above the fish hatchery. Younger and 20lbs lighter. The park is going threw a major renovation. The one lower campground we stayed in has full hookups and showers. The pads are paved and makes for easy camper leveling. A great area to take the family. Water was around 74 degrees and the kids had a blast knee boarding. We had the lake to ourselves. Only three boats on the lake for two days in a row. The lake is somewhat low but very user friendly still. Got into a few trout but again no Walleyes. I need to refine my late summer presentation and maybe learn some new tricks. We did get into a bunch of perch and mom and the 2 kids had a fun time bring them in. I think I spent all of 5 minutes fishing one day and about 4 hours baiting rods and unhooking fish. We probably netted more than 50 perch in one morning alone.

T

·
0 Posts
Rifle has some decent size perch. My brother & I caught them up to 12" there.

I heard Rifle also harbors crappie, but never caught any.

Nice Report and family fishing day is always good.

MMMMM-Crappie.........

·
Registered
16,651 Posts
Glad you had fun at seminoe and r-gap.Seminoe is a neat lake,and if you could have hard-core fished you would'a caught tons of fish.My bro and I caught 77 perch at r-gap last august also.Later-

·
Registered
20 Posts
Good report CK: Rifle-Gap is my favorite fishery in CO because of the diverse population of species, cleanliness of campgrounds, and the possiblility of catching the big one. Huge Northerns, Smallies, Crappie, Perch, and decent-sized Walleyes. You don't need a boat, as fishing off the dam in the evening/morning is usually productive.

BB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts