Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know much about this lake?I read you can ice fish it. suppose to have northerns, crappie perch and trout. any experience?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Are you talking about the one north of Ft.Collins? If so the species you mentioned are in there. Catching them is a different story.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes I guess its north of Wellington. never been there was just talking to a guy today that has and he said he did well

·
Registered
406 Posts
If you want to go up there I could meet you over there maybe next weekend. I haven't been there this year. I was at Douglas today but didn't have much luck.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah id like that, send me a pm with what your thinking. ie with day and were you live we can possibly car pool. just love trying new lakes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fished it twice a couple weeks ago. Caught trout perch and bluegill...nothing big but pretty good action. Small jig with wax worm, meal worm or small crawler. There are pike but we did not see any caught while we were there. We did not have any big baits to put out for pike. Easy access from parking lot onto ice, ice was 8 inches. The first exit north of wellington then go west. Takes you straight to Smith on north side of road.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I got a nice pike on my float tube there like a year ago....never done well through the ice but never really fished it much when it was frozen. I pulled a trout outta there that was so nice, one of the forum em Evers here told me that out of state didn’t count. HAHA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
Done well there for perch, crappie and trout.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ice Conditions?

I was hoping to target pike tomorrow, but was told the ice isn't great. Any updates would be great.

Any other suggestions for pike within an hour or so from Denver would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts