Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw this ad on craigslist and thought I'd share:

https://denver.craigslist.org/zip/4434711924.html

Carp, FREE FISH, for food, organic fertilizer, chicken feed (Denver, off Hwy 76)

We bow-hunt carp, and I mean we hunt the heck out of them. Some days upwards of 150lbs fresh carp.

If you know how to fillet & smoke them, they are a tasty authentic German dish. FYI: smoked carp fillets are delicious. Get a smoker. Tell your friends it's Salmon, they won't, you won't know the difference. Well...you will, but try it anyways.

Carp make the best garden fertilizer, just Rota-till into the soil and your tomatoes will love you.

If you're an urban chicken farmer, there is no better chicken food than carp; toss in the whole fish and they'll eat it down to the bones. Your eggs will earn the "Omega-3" standard.

Next time we're out I can call you on our way home, and you meet us between Hudson & Wheat Ridge, anywhere off Hwy 76. Fish will be in clean heavy-duty bags for no-mess transport, 3-4 fish per bag. Please do not open bags and dump extra fish in my lawn.

chicken food, fertilizer, organic, local, chicken feed, compost

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'd try some smoked carp, if somebody made some up. I doubt it could pass for smoked salmon though.

Hotdogs taste good, but I know what parts of animals they are made from and I still eat them every now and them.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Can't knock it till you try it but carp eat some nasty things. You gotta question eating anything that can survive in the river downtown or will eat a loogie spit from a dock. Bums poop in there They'll eat some poop if they eat loogies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts