Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a nice batch of trout and am looking for a good brine recipe. home brew or store bought just dont want to ruin a batch. so if any of you smoke a lot of fish it would be great to here a bout the good ones so i can skip the lame ones

thanks

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
sorry though i ahd put it here. thanks for moving it

·
Registered
397 Posts
1/4 cup of Kosher Salt
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
2 Cans of ice cold beer- Coors or Bud-please no light beer
5 tbls of dehydrated garlic
Mix together- put fish in brine, let sit over night in the fridge. Also works great for salmon, and even wiper. By the way towards the end of the smoking process, baste the fish with honey. Yup, my hands still stink from smoking fish on the 4th...

Art

·
Registered
265 Posts
I use a large stainless tub to Brine my Trout. I fill it with cold water about a gallon or so, then put enough canning/pickling salt in it to float an egg. Then I add one cup of Brown sugar, and whatever spices I like. Garlic, seasoned salt, Kikoman Teriyaki, etc...

Let sit overnight in the fridge, then you take the trout out and have to wash them VERY good!!! Make sure you get ALL of the Brining solution off or it will be so salty you can't hardly even eat it. Then I make a brown sugar/water solution and coat each of the trout and smoke it!!! YUM!!!

Tim

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
those sound pretty good. have to give it a try

1 - 6 of 6 Posts