Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went on down to the lake inlet with the flyrod for a half day meat trip to get supplied with some smoked trout.
Fishing was good for spawning and non spawning bows using eggs and worms. I landed 10 healthy fish between 15 and 17". Probably had about 6 come unbuttoned. The first hour was slow for me until I realized the fish weren't swimming at the fly on the take, but staying still and sucking it in. what looked like a slight bottom bump was actually a hit. It took me a minute to figure out I had to give it more of a gradual pull type hook set vs a coming straight up with a faster whip. Once I got dialed in on the program, it became a rodeo. Not to many people who use flyrods like to catch and keep, so while I was catching the beautiful bows I came up with the term "Rod Meat" I think the term was mostly inspired by of some of the discussions and stuff I've read here on CF.

"Rod Meat"

"Smokin Rod Meat"

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How's the ice on the lake?
I hit the lake yesterday, It was perfect Ice conditions. There was my self and 3 other fisherman total on the intire lake. I even heard the story from my buddies about a guy in a black civic.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
^^A couple good tunes on that album... But not my favorite. I thought they found their stride with And Justice For All.... Even though you can't hear a single bass line throughout the entire album.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
I hit the lake yesterday, It was perfect Ice conditions. There was my self and 3 other fisherman total on the intire lake. I even heard the story from my buddies about a guy in a black civic.
Hopefully ice holds for another 2 weeks. I might take the booger (son) with me.

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
^^A couple good tunes on that album... But not my favorite. I thought they found their stride with And Justice For All.... Even though you can't hear a single bass line throughout the entire album.
Found their stride? WTF? The bassist and soul of the fucking band dies and then they find thier stride? I like the album, but I think it was undoubtably the turning point toward the watered-down bullshit that followed. The first three records ARE Metallica.

:boxing:

Newkid's bass was also VERY present all over the album, as long as you had decent gear to listen to in on. You did have to turn it up "a bit".

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found their stride? WTF? The bassist and soul of the fucking band dies and then they find thier stride? I like the album, but I think it was undoubtably the turning point toward the watered-down bullshit that followed. The first three records ARE Metallica.
I agree man. Kill em all is good genuine fresh out of the box heavy metal. Ride lightning and most of Master of Puppets was still pure, AJFA was the beginning of the end as far as the real deal. After AJFA they were shunned by most real heavy metal enthusiasts. And then Enter Sandman was ultimately disappointing.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully ice holds for another 2 weeks. I might take the booger (son) with me.
It will hold, it hasn't thinned out at all, and its been cold with flurries everyday. And don't forget the cable chains for both of your FRONT tires.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I agree man. Kill em all is good genuine fresh out of the box heavy metal. Ride lightning and most of Master of Puppets was still pure, AJFA was the beginning of the end as far as the real deal. After AJFA they were shunned by most real heavy metal enthusiasts. And then Enter Sandman was ultimately disappointing.
Pretty much all of this and what Chuck said....

And then they turned gay after the whole Napster thing... Stupid crybaby Lars...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts