Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My inner ear is screwed up but this weekend I tried a combo of drugs, sea bands and ginger that actuallly worked pretty well in the kayak. I would like to keep trying on water that tends to be more calm than not. Anyone suggest a few places 1hr or less from Denver that you think I should try? Looking to actually fish not just paddle. Need to continue to see if I can beat the nausea and also figure out what I'm doing. Really want to start with calmer waters before testing my luck at places that tend to get wind driven or wake driven waves.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't count aurora as smooth water. It's all kinds of wind choppy...our would laugh if you saw how little it takes me to get motion sick.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Ponds and small lakes are gonna be better for you if wind and waves are a problem. Stay away from the bigger lakes would be my advice.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rather small lakes than ponds. trying to ease into this but I also don't want to be on something like the ponds south of chatty where you're across in 4 min or less.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Sucks about the motion sickness for sure.

But, in my experiences no wind=shitty fishing from a boat. Pretty to look at but not so pretty for fishing.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sucks about the motion sickness for sure.

But, in my experiences no wind=shitty fishing from a boat. Pretty to look at but not so pretty for fishing.
Probably don't stand a chance but I'm trying to work my way into it. Get some practice paddling, casting from the boat and work into somewhere with more waves....baby steps to see if I can handle it. Also going to see if a doc has anything to say because I've read a bunch that extreme motion sickness like mine can sometimes be a matter of crystals in the ear in the wrong place and that's fixable.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
union or lonetree would be another good one for sure. or the hag...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts