Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went a few times last week snagging for salmon and hardly any luck for anybody out there caught 1 but they were very spotty. This unusaully warm weather this week in the mountains must have backed them off. Anyone else feelin the same way?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
sure wish you snaggers would clean up the millions of miles of mono out there the whole inlet is a web of 100 Lb. test

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guessing a fair number of trout get snagged as well?

it happens but not very often the bows and browns are concentrated in different areas

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
720fly said:
sure wish you snaggers would clean up the millions of miles of mono out there the whole inlet is a web of 100 Lb. test
i agree , i snag but i clean my line up and take it with me
Jörmungandr said:
a few of the people I know have been annhilating them in there. I'm sure they will chime in with tales of their success and taunts towards me, because I seem to always catch it at wrong place, wrong time.
gm has been really good , dave is right its about timeing and being there when they move in

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bust out the flyrod and throw on a pink SJ Worm or something big and flashy. We were catching them on Friday. Seems funner then snagging a 1 pound salmon on 20 pound line.

720fly said:
There is a ton of it along with the giant treble hooks out there.

·
Registered
701 Posts
SLAYERFISH said:
This is one area where braided line really shines. Allows one to really sink them trebles.
What the hell do you do when you get snagged on a stump? I've thought braid but prefer 10lf floro. Abrasion resistant along with little stretch. Plus, if the hook impales itself into something other than salmon flesh, you can at least break off at the knot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts