Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
17,068 Posts
I havent fly fished for them,but I,ve caught a bunch of spawning kokes on small pink jigs. Sometimes draggin 'em on the bottom or under a bobber.Some days you can catch more than snaggin!

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Like mauser,I too have snagged Kings. This was on Vancouver Island-Port Alberni-Stamp river.What a blast-the biggest was 42 lbs-took 45 mins to land.We were in a 15 ft aluminum and they would literally tow it around.I had one leap at least 6 ft in the air and snap 30 lb spider wire like a rifle shot.Some locals were crackin up,said that fish would have gone 55-60 lbs. We also caught many on lures by not snaggin!

· Registered
17,068 Posts
Actually now that you mention it I ran out of line on the last day.One of my buddys broke 2 rods,we broke 1 net. The ratio of snagged versus landed was about 10 to 1.Might have to do it again one of these days!

· Registered
17,068 Posts
When they turn red or black the meat isnt very good IMO. But they taste great if you marinate them for a couple days then smoke 'em.Smoked Salmon!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.