Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Snagging season starts here very shortly and I can't wait to go. This year will be my first and was just wondering if anyone else plans on going and where? I can't decide if I want to try dillon, green mountain, wolford, Gross, or Williams Fork.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I also have never been so I think I will go once as everyone I know thats been says its fun for 5 or 10 mins then everyone around you starts pissing you off.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Carter can be fun at times. Scott, the guy that came to the coloradofisherman get-together with me, was the guy who introduced me to snagging and Carter is where we go.

·
Registered
578 Posts
gotmuskie? said:
I forgot there are kokes in Carter.  Do you have pretty good luck there Brian?
I have a little luck. I'm still not too good at snagging. I lose a lot of hooks and I have to re-tie the hook almost every cast because the line is frayed. Scott has a lot of luck tho.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i have never been but would like to.how long does it last? how do you know where the fish are?

F

·
0 Posts
green mountain is a zoo....the only way I would go there is in the middle of the week

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
all of the lakes are great, one expection dillion and wilford are no snagging lakes so be careful, the kokanee in wilford and dillion will take a jig faster then you can put it down, there is no need to snag at these lakes, carter is tuff there is alot of rocks and its important to sight fish for the salmon there , one day i saw some nice ones but ive yet to snag one there ill get one this year there hopefully

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
afishman,every run starts at different times the salmon usually run to coves or to inlets, but i have caught them on a orange kastmaster at taylor reservoir on the rocks,usually the run lasts acouple months but all depends on how many come up, they come up in schools, when their is a large release of water from dillion dont go

1 - 14 of 14 Posts