Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a few hours on the ice at the Snake River inlet yesterday. Got the skunk, and few other guys out there weren't doing well either. Only saw 4 fish caught. Male kokes were red, but the one female I saw caught was still completely silver. The water was down a good 10-12 feet as well. Looks like a late spawn this year.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I haven't been up there for about 7 years for icing. How thick is the ice?? Is the whole lake froze yet?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I havent heard of anyone doing well up there this year. I wonder if its an off year for those kokes, and I wonder if they will keep reproducing in that lake.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lake was 30% covered, with the inlets and a lot of the west side iced. Ice was about 4 inches at the Snake inlet. I think the fluctuating water might have put the spawn off a little. I usually catch a few rainbows and suckers when I fished last year in with the kokes, and there was nothing at all in there. I'm going to try again in a couple weeks and see if some fish have made their way up.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Has anyone every ice fished the Blue River inlet area? I've caught some browns there in the summertime in the waders.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts