Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got off of work early and decided to go to dillion , got to the lake at 1:15 and drilled two holes , i only stayed till 2:30 because it started to snow alittle and i dident want to get stuck at the tunnel , i ended up with six kokes and i lost three others at the hole, i was using a orange swedish pimple , i looked down the hole and saw lots of kokes, the first koke i caught had nasty fungus crap so i threw him back

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its caused by spawning , the skin goes bad , i think some of the kokes were already dying , but the five i kept were great , i just got done eating them, ill be there on saturday

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
definetley, i will be there saturday, hopefully i can get some more eggs , i got some from the females i caught today

·
Registered
405 Posts
Kokeneeking, I'm new to the Koke ice fising scene, and know that the Kokes are going through their spawn mode at the snake right now, but do you contiune to fish for them with current technique at the river outlet thorughout the year? Or do you move out into the lake to fish structure and or deeper water?

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pete , the only time kokes are in the inlet is when they are spawning , when they are in the lake you can find them suspended in the water column, usually 20 feet down, for ice fishing, you can catch non spawners threw the ice , i did real well at willow creek last year

1 - 8 of 8 Posts