Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, this is my first post on the forum, and I would like to say thank you in advance to all of the helpful people on this website.  Anyways, I skipped out of work a little early today and went out to Arapahoe Bend natual area to do a little fishing. I caught a nice 14" Crappie on a floating black and silver rapala and a hanfull of largemouths 13-16" on a brown tube jig.  i was pretty excited because this is the first year i have ever concentrated on bass fishing.  First keeper largemouth I ever caught!  All fish were released. I will deffenitly be heading back out there.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Yeah, nice job. I was out at the snapper pond earlier this week and found that the bass were fairly agressive. I caught a couple on senkos, one on a buzz bait and one on a shallow shad rap. It's a nice little pond. No crappies though, that's a nice one.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Welcome and nice fish! Was out at Big Bass last weekend and caught a couple nice bass on the north side of the lake, but didnt try that pond...guess I need to! I agree as the bass seemed pretty aggressive. 2 big ones I got on a smoke colored grub absolutly desrtoyed it on the hit. Gotta get back up there soon!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like that little area, I never realized there were so many ponds over there untill I started exploring. Those were also the first fish I have landed on by new(first) baitcasting rod/reel(still learning). I was pretty happy about that also.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is a Diawa Samurai 100-Bi on a Diawa Samurai 6.5 foot medium heavy rod. I bought this combo at Dick's Sporting Goods on sale for $60 a few weeks ago. I had never fished with a baitcaster before, so I figured there's only one way to learn. I've had fun with it so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts