Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Turtles are scared of you and will advoid anythign bigger then it floating in the water that isnt a log or a rock sticking out of the water. Even big snapping turtles. Occasionally they will come close to people fishing to try and grab some fish on a stringer or you may catch one off and on with a lure but even then a little noise in the water will scare them away. With waders and some long fins to kick with you have very little to worry about when it comes to snakes and turtles in the water. Most just want to advoid you.
The only poisonous snake in Colorado you will have to worry about is Rattlers and they dont like to swim unless its absolutely necessary. They also have rattles which they will let you know that they are near you and polietly ask you to move on and leave them alone.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
Kadiya you have to relieze if you accidently step on a snapper you are going to have big ole flippers on your feet so by some fluke he bites you he is just going to get a mouth full of flipper and probably never even touch you.

· Premium Member
10,699 Posts
You have to relieze they are fishermen telling you a story for some reason they tend to exagerate a little.
Dont get me wrong your fear is justified I'm just saying it is highly unlikely and you probably wont be wearing just boots you will have swimming fins on like what divers wear. Usually atleast 12 inches to the end of your foot.
Also I have not heard any stories of belly boaters in Colorado losing any toes or anything from killer snapping turtles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.