Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay. This may sound like a weird topic but it is actually something I would like to know about. I tried to research this but can't find nothing.
Has anyone ever heard of, or personally dealt with any dangerous encounters with snapping turtles or snakes while fishing in a belly boat? I just can't convince my girlfriend to go belly-baoting with me because she (Kadiya) is too scared. I even offered to buy the tube and fins! I personally don't think that any danger exists except for flipping or getting caught in a big gust of wind in a large reservior where you shouldn't be anyways. What poisonous snakes do we have? Rattlers which don't venture into the water? I know bullsnakes and garters won't bother me. Please, any info would help!!!!

· Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys for the info and interesting stories. James, you're not helping me convince my gf to get a float tube :mad: j/k. I actually wanted to get a canoe or kayak but my vehicle is just too small. I am still in college and can't afford anything bigger right now. I thought about inflatables but they just seem too delicate. I have thought about saving up and getting one of those porta-botes.

They are pretty cool. Check em' out and tell me what you think. www.porta-bote.com

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.