Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put 13 fish in the boat this morning and lost or missed nearly that many more.the action was fast and furious! Even got a couple doubles.

Trolling mid sized spoons and stick baits.color didnt seem to matter much but speed did. 2.6mph was the magic number. All fish came out of 3-6 fow. I tried dipping out deeper with some bigger baits will no action whatsoever. Nothing big but still beat the hell outta going to work today. Guess the fall bite is getting started.water temp was 59 degrees on the surface.

Pretty decent day for a rising barometer. Only got a few pics cuz i was by myself and driving the boat, running rods and netting fish was a full time job.

Puett reservoir in the four corners area

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
I guess you can entertain! Good stuff! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
nice, a friend of mine lives in the last house on road into Puett, he doesn't fish much so I can never get a report out of him. Used to be eyes in there as well but I don't know if CPW is stocking it any more? well done on the SNot!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
ESOX !!
They are fun to catch when they get bigger...
BUT, you actually let them in Your boat ? ;D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went back today and got 11.all dinks.theres gotta be a few piggies in there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
Negative.pitch em all back.i want a hawg for the wall, that is my mission
If you catch a hog, consider a replicate... One of the reasons you may be having a hard time finding the big ones is because so many keep them! If you commit to releasing bigger fish, more info may be shared.

Nice fun times on the dinks it sounds like... I only caught one fish this weekend...but it wasn't a dink :wink:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you catch a hog, consider a replicate... One of the reasons you may be having a hard time finding the big ones is because so many keep them! If you commit to releasing bigger fish, more info may be shared.

Nice fun times on the dinks it sounds like... I only caught one fish this weekend...but it wasn't a dink :wink:

Yeah ill do replica forsure.i throw all my toothy critters back except for walleyes.a walleye in my boat is a dead one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts