Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Batman called me last night. He was up snowmobiling in RMNP yesterday...I was supposed to meet him up there this morning, but with the mini blizzard yesterday...I bailed. Had enough of going over Big Bertha this year when conditions suck.

He talked to a couple of guys who were out yesterday morning. A lot of snow and slush..said they got stuck more than once...It's supposed to be gorgeous up there today...I hope he got out and had some fun.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I bailed on my buddies today, also. Had to clean the 10" of snow from yesterday out of my .2 mile drive. After wrestling the snow blower this morning I didn't want to fight the snow and slush on Granby. Got a text from Marc that there was a foot of fresh snow in A-Bay and the walk sucked. That played a role in my bailing.

Mark

·
Registered
204 Posts
Was there on Saturday. Thick ice, but a big, deep layer of slush, too. The lakers were kind of happening, but nothing to write home about.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was out by dike 3 on Monday and it was more like jet skiing than snowmobiling. The slush was the worst I'd seen up there and it seemed to be just about everywhere. Better have good waterproof boots too as it was a standing 4 inches of water under all that slush.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Yeah, my wheeler didn't work out so well. Got out to the spot on Saturday morning and decided to bring it back to the truck so I wouldn't be stuck at the end of the day. Luckily we had a snowmobile with us. Picked up a few lakers, nothing real big.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Any word, update on ok granby? Hoping to hit it one more time after all this works done. Still searchin for that "one" laker.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Did a little traveling today and found the West end is better conditions but still lots of slushy areas here and there A-bay had the heaviest snow and slush and Dike 3 wasn't bad.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Was that "ice sculpture" still there just east of dike three?
It was about five and a half feet tall on Satuday.
We just stopped there because of good footing.
After punching some holes we were marking fish right away over 110'.
Nailin em suspeded about 10 to fifteen feet up from the bottom just like you mentioned in your other post.
For the most part they were cookie cutter 18" to 20's but we threw them all back.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts