Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, it seems like all the rivers in the general area around Durango seem to be blown out. I hear you can catch a few on the Animas right now with a large streamer, but the water seems very muddy and flowing really quickly. Any place you recommend around here? Within 1-2 hour drive?

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Walk into the back channels of the San Juan. When the flows hit 3000 or so, the 3rd back channel can really produce.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Im just sick of fishing the Juan... HAHA. I mean, not really sick of it, just looking for something different. I feel like thats all I've fished for a few months.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Wow that was pretty harsh. Really nice way of saying it. Geeze, I am not asking for you "hole" I'm asking for any rivers that are actually fishing right now. Sorry I bothered you guys. I guess I won't ask again.
There's a lesson to be learned here... it's just still a bit out of sight for you. The need for attention drives a lot of folks (I have been guilty of it at times)... but when you see the damage that can be done, it sucks. It's only getting worse in a state with limited water. Don't take it personally, it's just tough for those of us that see the big picture.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Thanks guys! I will check it out. I appreciate it.

And sorry for my outburst for the other guys posts. Im dealing with a lot right now in my life, and I apologize for getting angry when people say rude and uncalled for things. Im usually a pretty calm person, sorry... I should just let it slide and realize that the internet is filled with a bunch of hacklers that would be afraid to be so bold in person.
Dude, I wasn't "hacklin" you. My message flew by you like a fart in the wind, and your answer was evidence of that. You've already made videos in the more common waters in your area, now you're asking for the more quiet ones so you can make another video. Forgive me for not being a fan of that kind of thing.

In person, I would tell you the same thing. Pimping out water is lame and I don't like it. I tell folks this often, and nearly all of them get defensive and act like what they are doing is harmless and in the fishing world's best interest. Well, it aint. At least not in CO.

I'm sorry you are going through a lot in your life.. maybe fish without 3 cameras attached... it will help.

If you ever make it to southeast CO, hit me up.. I'll show you evidence of what over advertising does to water in this state (as long as you don't make video of it). I love to help fishermen and noobs out. I tried to help you in fact... Bottom line is, if you want attention, don't be sad when someone is honest in giving it.

(I can't believe someone GAVE you Big Sandy :mad: )

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude, I wasn't "hacklin" you. My message flew by you like a fart in the wind, and your answer was evidence of that. You've already made videos in the more common waters in your area, now you're asking for the more quiet ones so you can make another video. Forgive me for not being a fan of that kind of thing.

In person, I would tell you the same thing. Pimping out water is lame and I don't like it. I tell folks this often, and nearly all of them get defensive and act like what they are doing is harmless and in the fishing world's best interest. Well, it aint. At least not in CO.

I'm sorry you are going through a lot in your life.. maybe fish without 3 cameras attached... it will help.

If you ever make it to southeast CO, hit me up.. I'll show you evidence of what over advertising does to water in this state (as long as you don't make video of it). I love to help fishermen and noobs out. I tried to help you in fact... Bottom line is, if you want attention, don't be sad when someone is honest in giving it.

God bless, have a good day.

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
Thread cleaned up. Education is a wonderful tool! :thumb:

·
Registered
36 Posts

J, why try?? He won't nor never will get the point.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Man!

What I miss??

All the good sh*t goes down when I am not around....smh

·
P I K E
10,163 Posts
McFly, no harm no fowl! If you listen to Oyey he won't steer you wrong in matters like this as he will try to educate fellow anglers without the rash bash that others will try to do(most of the time)! This type of thread brings out the bashers that actually have all the experience in the world and instead of using that experience in the proper educational manner would rather ridicule and demean others when in fact you could go on YouTube and Facebook right now and see them in videos doing the same thing that you are bashed for! Listen and learn the ways of this site, act smart and you will be one of the great regulars faster than you can say "Lights, Cameras, Action!!!" Continue what you do best and good luck and tight lines in your ventures! :thumb:

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
All I know is if he puts Big Sandy on blast, things are gonna get serious.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
I don't hate McFly like he thinks. And I definitely had a blog that pissed off some OGs in my forum infancy. This is the cycle of life. It's tough love, you red fuzz ball, you.

·
Registered
592 Posts
So we're not fishing?
Ha, well, I might take you up on that if he doesn't want to...I think we're in the same neck of the woods anyway...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts