Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to purchase a snowmobile and was wondering what other steps I will need to take to make it leagal for ice fishing. I.E. Do I need to get it registered with the state or counties like a boat? Do i need snowmobile insurance or does homeowners or auto take care of liabillities. Last, does it cost extra to enter it into any parks such as Arapahoe National Forests AKA Lake Granby. Also, any pointers that would help a "greeie" snowmobiler would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

J

·
0 Posts
You have to register it with the Colorado State Parks office.

For Arapaho National Forest, the admission sticker you buy for your car will cover you (you don't need another one for the sled) unless you have a house on the lake.

I don't know about insurance.

If you can swing it, get one with electric start ;)

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Like Ed said

Don't think any insurance will cover ya. You don't not have to have insurance on your sled. Don't think you would need it unless it is worth a lot....

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Prior to purchase...

Get the compression checked

Inspect track/tunnel/hyfax

Check gear case

After purchase...

Clean carbs & clutches

Set up jettting for altitude

New belt if needed

Have fun!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for all your guys time!

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Not to highjack the thread or anything, but is there anyone on here that knows anything about snowmobile suspension? If so i'd like to ask you a few questions. Thanks

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Beer said:
Not to highjack the thread or anything, but is there anyone on here that knows anything about snowmobile suspension? If so i'd like to ask you a few questions. Thanks
Post away

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hit Colorado Power Sports on 104th or just about any motorcycle dealer. The state registration fee is $25 for 12 months. Be sure to keep the registration on you or the bike/sled.
Hit me up on the side if you need more help. :-X

1 - 8 of 8 Posts