Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
..for the first time in 2 or 3 years. I got sick of the ski traffic, and I just wanted something different. I haven't really been out fishing much by myself, or fishing at all in general due to just not really being motivated/lazy/depressed so I decided to force myself out of bed on sunday and go. I was glad I did...

I don't know why people say the lake is tough fishing? because it was pretty consistent for me. granted I had to weed through alot of dinkers, I did catch me a 16 inch snake river cutty that looked like the Zman of trout... short and pudgy as ****. (love ya, bro) Also saw quite a few pike... they would look at the offering, stare at it and then swim off like some snot nosed water hipster. caught 2 cutbows that were chunky, 13-14 inches with pinkish meat. ended up saving them for tonight, and making fish tacos out of them.

I used a kasty tipped with shiner heads, fished in 18 feet of water. wind was whipping good in the morning but my spot was pretty sheltered. since I don't have the loot to fish the tourney on saturday, I'll probably come back... with a tipup to try for some pike since they were definitely in the area I was at. Ice was also over 30 inches... I really need to get my gas auger fixed because hand drilling holes effing SUCKS.

a crappy pic of some fish tacos...

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
You *****...winter socks and shoes no crocs?...good job and report!...and hand drilling for a oversized youngster as yourself should be no issue!!

·
Registered
24,644 Posts
Jezus H you hand drilled 30"? How many holes1?
If he used an 8 inch auger its a *****...6 inch not so bad...its just like drilling 2.5 twelve inch holes...a piece of cake with a six inch auger...

Oh and dave Rifleman on here sharpens auger blades for very reasonable I am told...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Great job Dave!!! Fat ass fish!!! Maybe I too... Should brave the mile... Don't know **** about the lake, but it would be a blast to go try the legendary mile.... And I don't mind dinkers. :). As long as there's a fish on the line and no ski traffic, I am happy!!

Of course Evergreen isn't bad for traffic, as you miss the Spgs, the tunnels, and the hill...

no chance for a cutty though. :)

thanks for the report.

·
Registered
9,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If he used an 8 inch auger its a *****...6 inch not so bad...its just like drilling 2.5 twelve inch holes...a piece of cake with a six inch auger...

Oh and dave Rifleman on here sharpens auger blades for very reasonable I am told...
Rifleman hook it up!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.