Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
..for the first time in 2 or 3 years. I got sick of the ski traffic, and I just wanted something different. I haven't really been out fishing much by myself, or fishing at all in general due to just not really being motivated/lazy/depressed so I decided to force myself out of bed on sunday and go. I was glad I did...

I don't know why people say the lake is tough fishing? because it was pretty consistent for me. granted I had to weed through alot of dinkers, I did catch me a 16 inch snake river cutty that looked like the Zman of trout... short and pudgy as ****. (love ya, bro) Also saw quite a few pike... they would look at the offering, stare at it and then swim off like some snot nosed water hipster. caught 2 cutbows that were chunky, 13-14 inches with pinkish meat. ended up saving them for tonight, and making fish tacos out of them.

I used a kasty tipped with shiner heads, fished in 18 feet of water. wind was whipping good in the morning but my spot was pretty sheltered. since I don't have the loot to fish the tourney on saturday, I'll probably come back... with a tipup to try for some pike since they were definitely in the area I was at. Ice was also over 30 inches... I really need to get my gas auger fixed because hand drilling holes effing SUCKS.

a crappy pic of some fish tacos...

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
You *****...winter socks and shoes no crocs?...good job and report!...and hand drilling for a oversized youngster as yourself should be no issue!!

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With dull blades it is, lol

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Jezus H you hand drilled 30"? How many holes1?
If he used an 8 inch auger its a *****...6 inch not so bad...its just like drilling 2.5 twelve inch holes...a piece of cake with a six inch auger...

Oh and dave Rifleman on here sharpens auger blades for very reasonable I am told...

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Great job Dave!!! Fat ass fish!!! Maybe I too... Should brave the mile... Don't know **** about the lake, but it would be a blast to go try the legendary mile.... And I don't mind dinkers. :). As long as there's a fish on the line and no ski traffic, I am happy!!

Of course Evergreen isn't bad for traffic, as you miss the Spgs, the tunnels, and the hill...

no chance for a cutty though. :)

thanks for the report.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If he used an 8 inch auger its a *****...6 inch not so bad...its just like drilling 2.5 twelve inch holes...a piece of cake with a six inch auger...

Oh and dave Rifleman on here sharpens auger blades for very reasonable I am told...
Rifleman hook it up!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Jezus H you hand drilled 30"? How many holes1?
Any man that drills through 30" of ice with a hand auger deserves to have his blades sharpened..

I'll do it for free for you bro!! Have sharpened mine hundreds of time over the the past 35 years.

I'm in Castle Rock.. PM me

Jeff

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thought that was spank town, lol.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Dave,

See you got the Hillary ankle gene.