Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to steamboat for the weekend nov 20th. i know its gonna be cold but i was hoping to cast a line in a river around there. Any tips on places to go would be awesome. ill be releasing everything i catch and wont share info with anyone except my wife who's accompanying me. thanks!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Its a great time to be fishing in a couple spots around steamboat, and normally I like to share info with fellow fisherman, but based on your opinions about the fool and his 97yrd lost arrow, you do not seem like the type of guy I would like to have fishing in spots that I frequently fish.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
TheGoodCat said:
I was planning on going their as early as I can next year. Exactly how big is the yampa?
It's a medium sized stream with a flow of 120 - 400 cfs in the upper reaches most of the year. Lots of big trout and pike from Stagecoach Dam down to Hayden. Near Milner the Elk River joins in and it starts to become a meandering, medium sized river that's noticeably wide (up to 120 yards in some places) and fairly shallow, mostly under 12 feet deep with the average depth probably 3'. Downstream of Hayden the removals start, but there are still lots of pike and more and more smallmouth bass, and it's good fishing for both from Hayden down to the Green River. Flows range from about 300 cfs - 20,000 cfs downstream of Craig. It's by no means as big as the Colorado, which averages about 120 yards wide and 5' - 20' feet deep below Grand Junction.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fordo said:
Its a great time to be fishing in a couple spots around steamboat, and normally I like to share info with fellow fisherman, but based on your opinions about the fool and his 97yrd lost arrow, you do not seem like the type of guy I would like to have fishing in spots that I frequently fish.
lol you know nothing about me but thats ok if you dont want to share any info. i totally understand

·
Registered
293 Posts
fordo said:
Could you possibly cry like a baby any more than you are?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts