Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this was my response:

Save your money Larry because ice fishing is an incurable and costly disease. The first stage of this nasty disease is craving warm footwear and head covering. The next stage is multiple poles no more than 36” in length followed by a panging need for an apparatus that will provide access through the ice in addition to a transportable shelter. Shortly thereafter, you’ll find yourself craving a mobile device with runners and mass torque.

As a result you’ll find after a brief period of two to three years your significant other will be nagging and ragging your arse about the $6K plus heap of **** you have piling up in the garage making it virtually impossible to access without tripping over while passing through. Next thing you’ll realize is the actual return on your $6K investment is some measly fish that if you’re lucky pushes the scales at 5 LBS or better. Oh and don’t forget the additional cash outlay for food, fuel and lodging in your pursuit of the “Big One”.

So, now you’re probably looking at another $2 – 3K a year just to stare at a effing hole through the ice hoping the “mother of all fish” will swim under your hole and provide you the opportunity of getting it up on the ice so you can talk $h1t to all your buddies about how you out fished their arses! Next thing you’ll want to do is bring the trophy home as proof to the old nag that you know how to fish. Consequently, she tells you to get that stinky ass fish out of her kitchen and she doesn’t care how big it is or how much it weighs and you’re not hanging that on any wall in her house. So, just take a picture and let the big one fin the water for another day.

Yep, you got it bad, real bad; effing terminal to put it bluntly. Then you start getting philosophical and $h1t knowing you’re terminal and trying to justify why you’ve invested so much time and money in pursuit of a stinky ass finned creature just so you can have bragging rights and be one with nature so to speak. And all you can conclude as to why you’ve spent so much time and money is “ICE FISHING” is effing PRICELESS and those that ask you to justify it wouldn’t understand anyway.

So, disregard my opening statement and go buy the best fish finder for the amount of money you’re willing to spend and then when you’re just about to pull the trigger and try to justify spending that amount of money; remind yourself of all the bullshit, idiotic issues and assholes you deal with at work on a daily basis and realize the only time you find peace and tranquility is that short and fleeting time of the year the water is hard enough to fish. That is more than justification for me.

Is it hard yet? The water stupid; not you, because even if you we’re hard the old nag don’t hunt anymore if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IceInTheVeins. said:
Go with the Vexilar fl-20!
That's the one I fish with and the one I actually recommended, but ultimately it was his decision to buy what he felt was right for him.

It's the old Ford versus Chevy debate.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Oh yeah, buy the Vex20 , the 18 or the 12. or even the 8. My MarCum loves ******* (messing) with them. ;D

Funny stuff, checkers. ;D My investment of the 2 grand, happened a few years back,..now it's only a few hundred a year for updates. I spend more on few evenings out to dinner.

·
Registered
804 Posts
lake1177 said:
Oh yeah, buy the Vex20 , the 18 or the 12. or even the 8. My MarCum loves ******* (messing) with them. ;D

Funny stuff, checkers. ;D My investment of the 2 grand, happened a few years back,..now it's only a few hundred a year for updates. I spend more on few evenings out to dinner.
So does mine. It makes my side of the lake a lot less crowded. ;D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts