Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who moves up ahead of Boise State and TCU in the polls?

They've stayed in the same place all year, and you big school lovers are running out of undefeateds...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Well, Auburn should, and Missouri desrves to, but I don't know whether either will get to no. 2 (Mizzou won't yet).

What weekends like the last 3 do illustrate is how absurd it is to put Boise State and its cupcake conference schedule in a national championship discussion.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
sswan said:
How 'bout vaulting Michigan State to #2?
I don't think they deserve #2. I think it's really 2 teams.

Second Half Michigan State is a very good team. First Half Michigan State is completely inept.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
All I can say is Good! All you non-believers can't hide forever! Boise St. and TCU will eventually get their shot at the title like they deserve. As for the question, most likely Auburn. All good until they lose to Alabama. Give the smaller schools a shot!

Jim

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Maybe BSU and TCU will play each other in the nat'l championship game and it will be like every other year where the two worst teams in the BCS are forced to play each other and nobody watches, only this time a mythical nat'l championship will be on the line.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
Maybe BSU and TCU will play each other in the nat'l championship game and it will be like every other year where the two worst teams in the BCS are forced to play each other and nobody watches, only this time a mythical nat'l championship will be on the line.
Nope I would rather have Boise take out the BCS's number on big school contender...and maybe we would finally get a playoff...actually I am pulling for the biggest fubar mess that can happen...thats what want...get a playoff already...

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
I'd love to see a playoff, but it ain't happenin'. So, even though it's "mythical", I want to see that National Championship game match up the 2 best teams. Boise State isn't one of them and TCU probably isn't either.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Not me...I want it so like 8 teams have a legitimate claim to the title...

Make the BCS's worst imagineable nightmare...whatever those stuffed suits get together and talk about they hope doesnt happen behind closed doors...I want that times about 827,384,402,348,837,120...

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was shocked when OU came out #1 in the BCS last week. Talk about OVERRATED! Oregon #1 probably Auburn #2.
It'll be VERY interesting if you have Boise St and TCU undefeated and then everyone else with one loss! Thats what I'm hoping for. The only way the BCS will change for a playoff system is if the big guys get screwed instead of the little guys.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Auburn and Oregon #1 and #2. That seems right. The miracle is how Boise State is even in the top 5. ::)

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Auburn and Oregon #1 and #2. That seems right. The miracle is how Boise State is even in the top 5. ::)
Don, do you still believe that Auburn is a top team? What would the BCS people say if Boise St. played Chattanooga? Add to it a home game and only win by 35 pts? The Broncos would drop out of the top 10. People say that Boise plays cupcakes?

Jim

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
What's the point of this?? Yes, I still think Oregon and Auburn are the top two. TCU at number 3 may be right.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
What's the point of this?? Yes, I still think Oregon and Auburn are the top two. TCU at number 3 may be right.
My point is why wasn't Auburn penalized for playing a cupcake?

Jim

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
Conference. And conference schedule.

And which WAC powerhouse did Boise play this weekend??

Oh yeah, Hawaii. One of the 3 teams the powerful CU Buffs beat this year.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
baetisrun1 said:
Conference. And conference schedule.

And which WAC powerhouse did Boise play this weekend??

Oh yeah, Hawaii. One of the 3 teams the powerful CU Buffs beat this year.
your argument is getting weaker! :D

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts