Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you guys help out on this? With the social distancing implement, how can a group of 3 or 4 friends travel and fish together on a boat. Usually, we would carpool, and fished together out of town. With the restriction, I don't see how possible for 3 or 4 people taking their own car and drive 6 hours to a certain lake, and what about fishing together on a boat, having dinner, drink together, etc..?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Can you guys help out on this? With the social distancing implement, how can a group of 3 or 4 friends travel and fish together on a boat. Usually, we would carpool, and fished together out of town. With the restriction, I don't see how possible for 3 or 4 people taking their own car and drive 6 hours to a certain lake, and what about fishing together on a boat, having dinner, drink together, etc..?
I would not do that. I think shore fishing is ok, but on a boat Social distancing just does not work. It is only temporary and you do not want to contribute to the government making a heavy handed decision to shut down all fishing in the state like they did in Washington state.

My advice, go fishing by yourself or with members of your household if you want to get out on a boat. Friends can wait.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Yea, 4 might be stretching it especially when you're not in the same house hold. It's tough because the lake is far so you don't want to waste the gas and whatnot. At this time somewhere closer and local is probably simpler and maybe one day two of you and another day the other two. These times suck for those who have friends.

I am usually a loaner thankfully.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Technically, 4 guys could stand 6ft apart on a 18'+ foot boat (1 person at 0ft, 6ft, 12ft, 18ft). ;D

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Now I'm reading some researchers are saying 6' isn't far enough. And even if it is, if someone coughed, the wind in your face when riding on a boat with someone upwind from you would be like them coughing in your face.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
What do researchers and scientists know? They are wrong on global warming, vaccines... The list goes one... I'm just gonna do what I think is right. 😄

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
I guess your friends will need to buy their own boats!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts