Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going through the same ole winter blues. I was reminiscing about last season yesterday and that started it.
Miss being on the lake in the boat.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
That 55 degree sunny day started it for me, I've been trying to keep busy but working in the sun like made me feel like it was time to fish afterwards...Come on spring!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
I was in my boat this past weekend.:p Nothing like boating in January!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Going through the same ole winter blues. I was reminiscing about last season yesterday and that started it.
Miss being on the lake in the boat.
Dam Steve....
it's ONLY mid January.... You got a little wait, still.
Head down to N.Mexico....
or Oklahoma....

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Took the boat to Roosevelt lake arizona many years a ago over presidents day holiday in Feb. 77F for highs and the fishing was pretty good too!

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
Every freekin year I get tired of ice fishing earlier and earlier-

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Why? You can't understand unless you're a boater. Keep that head shaking. Scratch it, too while you're at it.

So fish open water with your boat.

My point? Yall act as if fishing is deaded for 2-3 months because it's winter. And yall act like gas isn't currently cheap right now, and you wouldn't drive 3+ hours for fishable/boatable water....

And if you don't have a boat... Lots of open water opportunities around the state or beyond it... If you drive 3+ hours in any direction from denver. Don't front like its beneath you...most Yall put tons of miles yearly driving to South Park/middle park/west slope/Wyoming.

·
Registered
16,630 Posts
You are dense sometimes, Goon. UNLESS you drive about 18 hrs or so it's gonna be COLD boating. Boating in COLD water/weather is worse than freeking ice fishing-

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
You are dense sometimes, Goon. UNLESS you drive about 18 hrs or so it's gonna be COLD boating. Boating in COLD water/weather is worse than freeking ice fishing-
That's dave to you, mikey.

So wear a coat and goretex coveralls, goofball. You'll go on a boat at cherry creek and chatty, and countless wyoming lakes in mid to late November... And you're bitching about cold?

It ain't that cold in New Mexico. Water temps aren't arctic cold in Powell... There's lakes that are less than 9 hours away you can boat.

Lake Meredith is arguably the best walleye lake in Texas... 407 miles from you.

Ute reservoir is 6 hours south.

elephant butte and caballo lake is 7-8 hours south. Year long warmwater fishing in the desert.... A straight shot down I-25.

Now that I took the wind out of your sails... I anticipate fishing reports. Get busy.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Once again, another spot on post. Should be happy to drive 8 + hours one way for a day of fishing. Yep, what are we bitching about?

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Once again, another spot on post. Should be happy to drive 8 + hours one way for a day of fishing. Yep, what are we bitching about?

Actually no, you're mad that I'm right. You just don't want to admit it because you are blinded beyond reasoning by your sheer annoyance/hatred of me.

Ute res is 6 hours south.

Meredith is 7 hours southeast.

Navajo is 6 hours southwest.

McPhee is 6 hours southwest.

Cedar bluff is 5 hours east.

Lake maconaughy is 3 hours northeast.

John Martin is 4 hours southeast.

Pueblo is 2 hours south.

(The latter 2 are inaccessible but a good days chinook wind will dispatch that ice on pueblo and John Martin is practically ice free and will be open after waterfowl season.)

You people ***** about how you can't wet lines on longrods. There's lots of open water opportunities local, semi local and regional. You ***** you can't use a boat.... There's lakes where you can boat that are just a shot away up/down the highway. You ***** about boating in cold water... Most of you happily will boat on middle/South Park lakes in mid to late fall.. And will boat on the local lakes till December. Some of you will boat in Wyoming around the north platte valley... And those conditions around elk mtn are downright hellish.. You complain about the distance, and you will repeatedly boat lakes in wyoming, the yampa River valley, west slope.... Places that are 4-600 miles round trip.

Instead of complaining... Go get in your truck and go fish from your boat at one of the aforementioned lakes. Or the other ones I neglected to mention. You can still fish open water in winter... On a boat, in miserable conditions. Opry99er proves this with each of his posts. Just buy warm clothes. Or drive and fish in favorable conditions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts