Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 degrees,UGH!
Supposed to be 65 on Thursday, if Main res hasn't refroze might visit the geese.
Has anyone used a lure with a casting bubble? Might not be workable both because of lack of depth and angle, but who knows!
What's your most productive lure?

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Any particular reason for using a casting bubble with a lure...is it super small?!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I have. I've used them with kasty's.. Krocs..Mepps. Palmer Lake used to only be about four feet deep and the weeds would grow up another couple feet. With a short leader, using a casting bubble allowed me to keep the lure out of the weeds..and to fish it mush slower. Worked fine for stockers..Every now and then you might get wrapped up. I could see it working this time of year for walleyes at say somewhere like Aurora..

·
Registered
16,622 Posts
Bubble with a small rapala works well. I suppose a bubble at Atown. If you can get it down to 40 ft or so--

·
Registered
516 Posts
Lures most definitely work behind a bubble, particularly smaller ,lighter lures. Spinners, spoons, small crank baits, streamers, jigs, soft plastics can all be fished successfully with a bubble. Length of leader between bubble & lure is very important using this technique - too short a leader can pretty much kill the action of your lure. I won't say which lure is my favorite to use behind a bubble, but I will say some soft plastics fish better than others....experiment.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I learned something new...thx!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts