Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

Now I feel like a newb. Went back to the river today dressed for the cold and everything was perfectly fine until I felt what I thought was water entering my right foot. Stepped back on shore and it didn't seem like I had water inside just one foot a little colder than the other; so I proceeded about my day wading as usual. Actually was not too cold for November at 7:30 am and didn't even need the heated gear (someone else was talking about that in another post so I thought I take a jab here). Fished until about 1:00 pm and had been wading up to my waist most of the day without any further feeling of wetness so I chalked it up to being an old pansy with bad circulation early in the mornings.

Got back home and started taking off the waders and the left foot was damp from sweating which is normal, but the right foot was soggy like there was an actual leak. Funny part is only from the ankle down was wet and like I stated above I fished in waist deep water most of the day.

Can someone explain this? Obviously there is a leak in a damn near new pair of waders but why is only my foot soggy and not my entire leg up to my waste?:confused::mad2: Also, how can I find this "leak". They are PL Chest Waders with Neoprene feet only.

Thanks,
"Soggy Foot" Ninja

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
The hole is likely to be in the foot not above the knee.
Turn the waders inside out and fill the suspected leaky leg with water above the "ankle" area of the waders and see where it is leaking from. (Can do this in the bath tub)

Bummer about them being "new".

And welcome to the site!

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Hole is below the knee like said above. You could also flip them inside out turn of the lights and shine a flashlight into them. That way you don't have to wait for them to dry to patch them, although if they are new I would return them. Aqua seal works great and is extremely simple

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lurker and bobys. I was pretty upset that it shortened my day so after posting I went back to Sportsman's Warehouse and spoke to them about it. I ended up buying a "better" set with a warranty (probably why they where half of a car payment-lol) and the guy that sold them to me remembered me buying the first pair their so he said he'll help me get them refunded. Said it happens more often on the lower end brands; sad as it is.

I guess it's like anything else you get what you pay for.....

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now I can at least look like a "REAL" fisherman like the rest of the fancy gear guys. LMAO

·
Registered
21 Posts
You didnt mention it, but you may also want to look at the shoes you are wearing- remember they need to be a size or two bigger than you normally wear in order to accommodate the thickness of the booties. If the shoe is too small you can stretch the seams and get minor leaks like that.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Cool the are getting you a refund, I bought a cheap pair of waders this year that already have multiple leaks. Definitely investing in a better pair next season

1 - 7 of 7 Posts