Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I'll get 100 different answers, but that's better than guessing. I am going buy a new Strikemaster auger that has the Solo engine, I assume that is the latest and greatest, (except the 4 strokes ) does it have any problems any quirks or something else? I would appreciate any opinions you care to share. Jordeli

·
Registered
24,553 Posts
go check in iceshanty.com...do a search for threads...

·
Registered
570 Posts
I have owned an 8" Strikemaster with the Solo engine and really liked it. It is a hole drilling machine. If you keep your blades sharp and make sure not to do something stupid like drilling out an old hole or banging the auger on the ice to remove frozen ice, thus changing the cutting angle, it will drill really fast.(I did both and ended up buying a new auger section-$157.00 worth of stupid) Easy to start and customer support is great. I have a 4 strole now and like it but it will not cut as fast. The 4 stroke is quiet, no fuel mixing, uses very little fuel and starts easy and is more expensive. I have found with both , if I put them in the cab for 10-15 minutes when it is below zero that it really makes a big difference.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Third season on my lazer pro, I'm sure I have cut over a thousand holes.I have an 8" and 10" auger bits that I swap out depending on where I'm fishing.Cuts amesome.Only complaint is a fuel leak at tank grommet where lines pass through.It happened at beginning of this season, always stored with fuel drained as recommended. 20 bucks and half hour job and all is well.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
My Solo 2hp 10" auger is a freekin drilling machine. By far the best auger Ive ever owned.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Third season on my lazer pro, I'm sure I have cut over a thousand holes.I have an 8" and 10" auger bits that I swap out depending on where I'm fishing.Cuts amesome.Only complaint is a fuel leak at tank grommet where lines pass through.It happened at beginning of this season, always stored with fuel drained as recommended. 20 bucks and half hour job and all is well.
I wonder if this is where mine is leaking. Only used it 3 or 4 times before it started leaking. I only pop a dozen or so hole per trip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts