Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Big,

I just saw them in the newspaper today and was wondering all about them. This is something I know nothing about. :eek:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
during the ice season i dont worry about them all to much but the rivers are starting to pick up a little so i want to try to start planning my summertime fun and there good to just compare days and times on the water

·
Registered
67 Posts
Cool, I read an article last week talking about this and the importance of the full moon and new moon. I know there are alot of other factors involved for a great outing, but I'd like to test it out this year. Thanks for the site..

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks Jay. Has anyone found them to be a reasonable indicator? (I'm on the res all day anyway, so....whatever!) :D

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
I've been checkin out the solunar times since about '89-Theres a definite correlation between times and fish biting.I swear!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I don't know if I believe in the solunar tables.    I have never noticed a real correlation between fish activity and  them. 

But I do admit that I check them.  Its a superstition thing with me.  I don't step on sidewalk cracks, make important decisions on Friday the 13th, let a black cat cross my path and check the solunar tables just to be safe.

Dan

·
Registered
144 Posts
My girlfriend bought me a "fishing" watch. I can get the solunar times for today, tomorrow, next week, next month, heck... all the way to the year 2068!!

I think there might be something to solunar tables. Anything that's been around for centuries has to have some kind of basis for longevity.

My watch also tells me how many hours have passed from the time I said I'd quit fishing for the day! ;)

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
ok so let me get this right when i dont catch anything
i can blame the solunar tables for being wrong and not
working

but if i go out and catch a truck load of fish then im just
one bad --s fisherman

see i never here any one saying lucky i used that solunar table they were biting right when they said they would

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts