Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some panoramics of some lakes I thought I'd share with you guys. (click the direct links for larger view. Warning Lakes/Ponds may look bigger or smaller then they are when taking Panoramic shots.

Haymes-Ft Carson
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5446/panaramicofhaymesftcarson4cs.jpg

Townsend-Ft Carson
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/1354/panaramicoftownsendftcarson9vn.jpg

Pikeview-Colorado Springs
http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/2668/panaramicofpikeviewcoloradospr.jpg

Spring Creek Reservior-Gunnison County
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/6749/panaramicofspringcreekreservio.jpg

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice pics how many shots in each?

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Varies 4 to 8... I'll have more to come but I just started shooting them for this purpose.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
shooting pics for panaramics can be a chalenge to get them really good sometimes the lighting can change from 1 pic to the next and you dont notice it till you go to stich them to getther

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tbmanivong said:
Nice pics. Did you use photoshop?
Yes, or GIMP depending what system I'm on... But these were done with Photoshop

roadkill said:
shooting pics for panaramics can be a chalenge to get them really good sometimes the lighting can change from 1 pic to the next and you dont notice it till you go to stich them to getther
I noticed the edges of my pictures are darker then the rest of the image... this isnt a good thing, but at 7 Megapixels I have some room to adjust.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mustang said:
that lake in gunnison is beautiful
Too bad I only caught 1 rainbow when I was there: They said yellow and orange dotted panther martin slays them upthere. But I think the front that moved in while I was upthere must of thrown them off.

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice pics 7 megapixels? i thought i was doing good with 4

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Epic --- That's exactly the kind of thing I like to see on this site! Thanks. Wicked photos. The perfefect thing to inspire us to get out and fish. Not that alot of US need that, but I'm always looking for inspiration.  8)

·
Registered
472 Posts
EPic...very impressive. I do this a lot for my own notes and have yet to get that kind of smoothness. I always have that line of seperation. Good enough for my use but yours are true quality...very nice!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks great Roadkill, one tip to help so you dont have the lines when stitched together because the edges of digital pictures are sometimes darker is: Make sure your pictures overlap about 3/4 of the way in then use a soft brush (airbrush) to erase all straight edges. If some pictures are still darker then adjust the levels to match.. I sometimes have to colorbalance as my camera will pick up more light facing a certain direction.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah im still working on this one there are 17 or 18 pictures in there i had to put the camera on manual exposure and used the same setting for all the pics and put the camera on my tripod and set the horizontal pan just lose enough to move it for heach pic the PNG file i work with is almost 200megs

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love messing with photoshop like that, my favorite one I posted to the forum has to be Rottal's master angler... but I think that topic was deleted or Rottal's images were so its not as funny as it was.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
yeah i saw that image had been deleted i missed that one must have been good to recieve the rath of admin

what sort of cpu and how much ram do you use when messing with photo shop i like to run the big pics on my amd XP2400 with 2gigs of ram it runs faster then my 2.66 P4 with only 500 megs ram

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a 3.2 gig Intel with 1 gig ram, its probably 3 years old and will probably wont be upgraded for a long while as long as the new games coming out still play on it.

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
the only games i play run fine on older machines i upgrade for video and photo editing been thinking bout building a 64bit machine soon with boot loads of ram

1 - 20 of 21 Posts