Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to 2 lakes again, same places.. same areas. met up with some friends. they caught a stocker sized cutbow.... and i had a few good bites, but nothing that really connected. fishing was really slow for the most part compared to last week, even though i did see lots of splashing.. . my guess the macks were still spawning really good. talked to the woman at the shack by the gate, she told me this year they are gonna just let nature dictate when the gates will close. so hopefully after these shitty snowstorms today, the snow will melt off and access will remain the same until winter. hopefully ill enjoy a november session for macks up there. water this time around was much colder.

ate 2 burritos in jefferson market, and went to the slut to get something for the stringer, to wash my hands of skunk. put on my waders that now fit me because im losing weight... and went for a walk along the northern shore into the weeds. water was also much colder than 2 weeks ago. wind was picking up because a rainstorm was blowing in, so i tied on a heavy smaller tube jig with some leftover shiners, and cast it into the wind. got a big rainbow off the bat, lost 2. when the storm passed, the wind died and so did the fishing. tied on a yozuri jerkbait in purple/orange pattern, and caught another fat yet smaller rainbow. threw them in my basket and walked back to the car. was gonna hit up another popular lake to complete my limit but decided to head home instead.

next week im goin' to granby. stoked on that... been craving scottish eggs and huevos rancheros. and itll be more fun to float along rainbow bay than to hike it.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
went to 2 lakes again, same places.. same areas. met up with some friends. they caught a stocker sized cutbow.... and i had a few good bites, but nothing that really connected. fishing was really slow for the most part compared to last week, even though i did see lots of splashing.. . my guess the macks were still spawning really good. talked to the woman at the shack by the gate, she told me this year they are gonna just let nature dictate when the gates will close. so hopefully after these shitty snowstorms today, the snow will melt off and access will remain the same until winter. hopefully ill enjoy a november session for macks up there. water this time around was much colder.

ate 2 burritos in jefferson market, and went to the slut to get something for the stringer, to wash my hands of skunk. put on my waders that now fit me because im losing weight... and went for a walk along the northern shore into the weeds. water was also much colder than 2 weeks ago. wind was picking up because a rainstorm was blowing in, so i tied on a heavy smaller tube jig with some leftover shiners, and cast it into the wind. got a big rainbow off the bat, lost 2. when the storm passed, the wind died and so did the fishing. tied on a yozuri jerkbait in purple/orange pattern, and caught another fat yet smaller rainbow. threw them in my basket and walked back to the car. was gonna hit up another popular lake to complete my limit but decided to head home instead.

next week im goin' to granby. stoked on that... been craving scottish eggs and huevos rancheros. and itll be more fun to float along rainbow bay than to hike it.

Nice. Rainbow bay was off the hook yesterday. Fish popping off all over.

·
Registered
9,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waders?...wtf?...shorts and crocs man style!

the thing i realized with losing 80 pounds of blubber, is that i lost alot of my tolerance to cold now.

I actually need to buy real winter gear... i can fit into my coveralls i bought 4 years ago that were too small, so thats good.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Dave, channel your inner mountain man and you'll be fine...congrats on the weight loss...nice fishing report as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts