1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
14 Posts
That Lowe is pretty nice for the price but 60 hp is a bit to small, if it was 75 hp. I would be on it like white on rice. I am looking sold mine last year.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Lowe is pretty nice for the price but 60 hp is a bit to small, if it was 75 hp. I would be on it like white on rice. I am looking sold mine last year.
What's a measly 15 HP? I'm guessing you'll hit low 30s with 60 HP... and you will still hit low 30s with 75HP. At 90HP, which is the max HP with the 16 to 16.5 ft boat class, you'll hit high 30s, as in 37, not 39. But power is like money; you can never have enough of it. ;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was excited about the Lowe as well until I saw the motor...
Are you in the market? Does that mean you are looking to downsize from an 18 footer (or maybe it was a 17 footer) to a 16 footer? The problem with 16 footers is that they top out at 90 HP.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
That Lowe sounds like a pretty reasonable deal.

But I agree that the power is marginal. I had a 16’ Lund with a 60 HP 4-stroke. It would run about 27 in the mountains. I think the most I ever saw was 31 at Powell. Bigger problem was that it would struggle to plane out in the mountains.

16’ is really a good sized boat for Colorado. And with our little lakes, top end speed really isn’t that important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts