Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some background on this site for those of you who don't know. For those of you that have been with me from the beginning (you know who you are) this will take you back I'm sure. I alone started ColoradoFisherman.com back in 2003 because I had a vision that Colorado needed a better resource for fishing information. At that time all we really had was the DOW fishing reports. I was naive enough to think that I could make an excellent resource on my own by posting reports on my fishing adventures. In my opinion it was good stuff, but as time went by I began to realize that I couldn't create a quality resource by myself. I set up a message board for other people to post reports (let the jokes begin :)). The message board I created got a fair amount of traffic but was not what was needed as it was not very user friendly and was very unorganized. The message board slowly moved along with very little growth for many months. Ken joined me in my efforts in '05 and helped me every step of the way in implementing the forum as you see it today. It has been an amazing ride ever since! I never imagined this would ever be as big as it is, and it continues to grow. I can now honestly say without a doubt that my vision for an excellent Colorad fishing resource has come true! Thanks to all of you who have helped to make ColoradoFisherman.com the best resource for fishing in our beautiful state! Bigger and better things are yet to come!

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Im sure there are a few that remember the old board... Thank God you decided to upgrade. The magazine is also a BIG plus.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
there is a beer being toasted
When I put beer in the toaster it runs out the bottom!...does freezing it into a bread shape help?

M

·
0 Posts
Don, your efforts aren't going unnoticed. I mentioned the board to my Dad who lives in Arizona. He checks it regularly to see what the fishing is like, what techniques to use, and what is up for sale. He says Arizona has something similar but nobody uses it. We are pleasently surprised.

I think it's a terrific resource for everyone and I think that soon, you may even see the DOW monitoring the board for reports 8)

So on to the thank you's....how many ads should we click today? ::)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Agree.  LOL......the old format..... it required a monitor that was 3 feet wide to read some of the right stair stepping threads.  Was still a good resource for Denver lakes.

Can you guys inflate my post count so I can get some respect around here?  While you are at it, inflate Bernies too.

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Dan has a high post count...he doesnt get any respect...so post count means little...see this post!...

·
Registered
863 Posts
Thanks Dan for all your effort. It was nice meeting you in person out on the ice this past ice fishing season, Mikinaak aka Paul 8)

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
I think that first board was great. No post counts, no avaitors, no sigs, no mods, no order, no reports.

Oh wait. Thatfirst boards sucked, Have I ever told you that Don?!

[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I LOVED that board, a local resource for local conditions, by local fisherman. Very cumbersome though. That said, this format and forum is light years ahead of the old one.

Give me this forum any day of the week!

Dan

The only draw back I see is we are not selective in our membership and I am sure everyone will agree with me Zman should be banned for cursing members of the forum! Once he is gone the forum will be perfect!

·
Registered
16,527 Posts
Hey Ken I've been here since the beginning and post some thought? provoking posts.I generate a fair amount of interest. Where are my free CF.com stickers? Come'on kick some out,bro! >:D ;D

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Dan said:
The only draw back I see is we are not selective in our membership and I am sure everyone will agree with me Zman should be banned for cursing members of the forum! Once he is gone the forum will be perfect!
Can we do that Dan?

I had a dream last night, that I have been cursed by Zman, that I wouldn't catch any fish in open water this year... then I realized its coming true and I woke up in a cold sweat.

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
gotmuskie? said:
What is actually worse, getting skunked by the Z Man curse, or catching only tiny fish from the Dan curse?
Let me set things straight here, there is no "Dan Curse" Dan does not curse people, Dan has been cursed by Zman. It is a global curse causing small fish (fish shrink to 10th original size when hooked) and chronic skunking.

I am starting a movement to "Ban Zman". Email me for my address so you can send me cash donations to facilitate this movement.

Dan

1 - 20 of 52 Posts