Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the most beautiful and complete rainbows I have seen in years appeared about 7:30 this morning just to the north of Broomfield (perhaps some of you saw it). In fact it was a double-rainbow, with both enormous arcs perfectly intact and fully visible for about ten minutes. My pictures don't begin to capture the spectacle, of course (in fact I couldn't even fit it in my frame), but maybe they're just good enough to share. Plus it gets me off the posting bench, since I've been on the sidelines for a while. :)

left base

center arc (not impressive in this pic)

right base

Magical. As my daughter and I gazed on it together, I was reminded of God's promise in Genesis 9:13-15.

Blessings to all, Hop

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
They were making fun of my walleye beads so I posed for them...Kraz like usual added the rainbow...actually I think Hobie blew his MRT bugle and it appeared...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I just read genesis 9:13-15... I liked it. I have read a native american proverb that reads simmilarly. I will look for it.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Oyey said:
I just read genesis 9:13-15... I liked it. I have read a native american proverb that reads simmilarly. I will look for it.
There are many deluge accounts from religions all around the world... All read very similar too...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Mrwigglestheworm said:
Oyey said:
There are many deluge accounts from religions all around the world... All read very similar too...
So, perhaps we can all (or most) can agree that in some way the rainbow connects a higher power with the earth and it's residents... interesting. The next time I see one, I will think about that.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mrwigglestheworm said:
'Sup, A-Town? What I would say is that when various cultural flood stories are compared with the biblical account, one finds both points of similarity as well as marked differences -- as though perhaps an actual historical event is being echoed from all that depth of time, with varying degrees of accuracy.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Hop said:
Mrwigglestheworm said:
'Sup, A-Town? What I would say is that when various cultural flood stories are compared with the biblical account, one finds both points of similarity as well as marked differences -- as though perhaps an actual historical event is being echoed from all that depth of time, with varying degrees of accuracy.
No debating that....something had to have happened.... However, on a global scale, of that magnitude? The world is small to people who've only seen their small portion of it... ;)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mrwigglestheworm said:
No debating that....something had to have happened.... However, on a global scale, of that magnitude? The world is small to people who've only seen their small portion of it... ;)
Actually that's kind of how I look at it too. That the biblical account is from the standpoint of the observer -- and the flood's extent is more regional than "global". At least I lean that way. (BTW, the Hebrew word for "earth" can just as well be translated "land"; IOW, "covered all the land", as opposed to meaning the entire planet.)

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Very nice....nice to see you up and posting again Sir.

D.J.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts