Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using T.M. SOS line in three weights, finding it suits my needs best. I did a break test using my digital fish scale on all three weights available.
2lb breaks at 4lb 15oz. 4lb breaks at 7lbs. 6lb breaks at 11lb 2oz. The only store I have found that keeps it in stock is Wallymart. All of my best reels now have the 6lb SOS on them. /Chris

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Thanks for the review, sounds like a great product. I'll give it a try if/when I go back to catching panfish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I might add....The SOS is a light green color. I compared it to Vanish Floro for visability in the water. Imo, the two are about the same. as for breaking strength, the SOS wins. A lot of long casts using my spincast reels are the norm for my lake fishing. The 6lb SOS has been working very smooth for me with no tangles. So far, I have been happy with knots holding well too. It has less memory than other brand lines of the same weights. The only negative that I have found is its hard to see with my old eyes when tying knots as well as hard to see in the water. I have been paying $5.87 for 350 yard spools. I am pretty sure that bulk spools are available, just havent seen any yet to purchase on the dealer's shelf. /Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts