Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scheels in Johnstown has Lowrance HDS Gen 3 touchscreen 9 inch sonar/gps units with sidescan and downscan (structurescan) on closeout for $1099. These units retailed for $2599.

Im just wondering if it comes with all needed transducers.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think it comes with the total scan transducer. The product description says it includes LSS2 Structurescan and skimmer transducer. This is a pretty good deal since that transducer sells for around $200. The structure scan 3D module and transducer sell for around $1,000. I have the Gen II touch HDS9 and structure scan module on my boat, both around 3 years old that has the side scan but not down scan.

The Gen III has more built in functionality including wifi and bluetooth so you can use a phone app to look and operate the HDS9. The maps they come with are mostly worthless around here but good back in mosquito tundra. The insight genesis maps that you can download onto a SD card are awesome since they come from uploaded sonar data from peeps like you and me. They have pretty good maps for the eastern plain reservoirs.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts