Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14lb. on Topwater.

13lb. on Topwater.

12lb. on a Blade.

7lb. on Topwater.

6lb. on a Grub.

Me and Bro went searching for Tiggers and found some. Took awhile to put any kind of pattern together but after 8 hrs and a couple fish it finally came together. I got the 12lber in the 1st hr. on a blade. then nothing for 5hrs that day and 4 hrs the 2nd day. Then I got 3 on a grub in like 20 minutes and then nothing for a couple hrs. Went across lake to the "timber" and we put on topwater and started hucking. It was ON for the final 4 hrs of the day till the cold front came thru with some big ass winds/waves.

We only got 8 on top but we had 20 blowups that we didnt get. Them blowups are as much fun as catching I swear. 10 -20 lb beasts shooting fron the water to attack the plug was something I will never forget.

So in 24 hrs of fishing I got 18, Bro got 14. All 6-14 lb. We easily missed/ saw/ lost as many. Last day was pouring rain all day long I was a drowned rat. But when you're catching it aint cold.;D

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Didn't know you to be into pickerels... Good stuff though. :thumb:

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't know you to be into pickerels... Good stuff though. :thumb:
Large aggressive willing beasts, no crowds, easy drive, On a SUNDAY we had the entire lake to ourselves- Whats not to like?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Dang! I didn't look at this post until now because I thought it was the old one with Barr in the title. Holy Guacomole! Nothing beats taking fish like that on topwater. Very impressive!

Another notch on your rod handle.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dang! I didn't look at this post until now because I thought it was the old one with Barr in the title. Holy Guacomole! Nothing beats taking fish like that on topwater. Very impressive!

Another notch on your rod handle.
My new favorite way to fish. It's worth the drive-

1 - 20 of 23 Posts