Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished this afternoon on the South Boulder Creek down from where it comes out of Gross. I had planned on fishing Gross but the lake was completely iced over except for a small patch in the middle of the dam. Anyways I managed to catch one really fat 14'' brown trout on a small panther maritn, and I lost a couple others. The creek was mostly iced up and I almost fell in trying to get to some open holes. I can't wait for the spring when I can hit up the whole thing, it looks like it has some really nice holes a maybe a few nice trout too. Tight Lines~

·
Registered
32 Posts
rob,

thanks for the report. did you notice any signs of ice fishing at Gross, or get any feel for how solid the ice might be out there?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Fisheye,
There were no ice fishers, only a couple of other cars and they were just checking it out like me. The ice seemed to be solid with a few pressure ridges here and there but it was almost devoid of snow and clear looking for the most part. The lake has gone from being frozen just past the inlet one and a half weeks ago to completely frozen today. I wish I could help you out a little more. If i had the gear and the patience I'd be out there. Good luck if u go ;D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts