Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was catching them on nightcrawlers with light line and no weights.  Got one 16 inch rainbow, the rest were 10-13.  A few love nudges on spoons, but no takers. Talking to people up there, it sounds like they're doing well on powerbait too.
A couple days ago, I went up and was nailing them on a size 12 brown and black wooly worm trailed behind a waterbobber.
Useless note of information: All the trout up there are EXTREMELY fat.  Many of them made a "gritting" sound when I picked them up out of the water.  When cleaning the ones I kept, I found their stomaches were full of tons of little black snails, and the shells rubbing against each other were what had been making the gritting sound.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sure, I was on the northwest shore, about 1/4 mile southwest of the dam, past the first big inlet, but I saw people even closer to the dam in that corner catching a lot too. Some guys were out in a boat and said they caught 60. They were all over the lake. I'm not sure it matters where you are. Last Friday evening, the water was boiling with them all over the lake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts