Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up for the morning with my dad who was visiting from Wisconi! We walked along the west shoreline to the 1st bay and fished. Caught a 13" rainbow on the 1st cast with a small little cleo. Went dead for awhile as we launched powerbait and crawlers as far as we could out to the depths. We saw several nice sized fish cruising the shoreline as I was getting my flyrod rigged up... I tried to intercept some of these fish - several rainbows and some REAL nice CUTTIES up to about 18" or so... I figured - what the heck... I pulled the bait rods in and rigged them with a single BB split and a small crawler and tossed them about 10 feet off shore where we saw the fish cruising. BANG.. the rods were dancing within a minute!!! It was SO COOL because you could see the crawler laying on the bottom... The 1st one caught himself!!! Jumping out of the water with the pole leaning against a rock. We ended up catching another 6 or 7 fish, all 12-14" rainbows before we had to leave. We let all of them go. I wanted to catch some a little bigger, but it was a super great day fishing with my Dad. He taught me how to fish more than 30 years ago. We talked about old times, stories from our times in Canada musky fishing, and how beautiful it was being in the mountains together. Seeing him pull a few trout from a crystal clear mountain lake, having a few brewskis and a cigar... You know what...... Even if we didn't catch any fish that morning... It was great to be out with the old man again!!! Damn I love that guy!!!

Tim

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sounds like you had a blast. The best days of my life have been fishing with my dad. Too bad it doesn't happen often but when it does, it is great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts