Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a house in Hill City with the family. They've been going every year on MLK for the past few years and have had lots of success. They've never fished Pactola and that's the one I really want to fish. Anybody have experience with this lake?

dt

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Wish I had more for you in western SD. I'll be heading up to Roy Lake in northeast corner of the state next month, and I am more familiar with the lakes on the east side.

Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I haven't fished Pactola, but have driven past it several times. Looks like easy access to fish. The last time we were there we biked the Mickelson trail and the taxi driver that shuttled us the 100 miles from Lead to Edgemont mentioned that many twenty pound plus lakers come out of Pactola every year. I checked some you tube vids when we got home and saw some nice fish caught. It's only about twenty minutes from Hill City to Pactola.

·
Registered
16,695 Posts
I haven't fished Pactola, but have driven past it several times. Looks like easy access to fish. The last time we were there we biked the Mickelson trail and the taxi driver that shuttled us the 100 miles from Lead to Edgemont mentioned that many twenty pound plus lakers come out of Pactola every year. I checked some you tube vids when we got home and saw some nice fish caught. It's only about twenty minutes from Hill City to Pactola.
Hotspotter!

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bros kill it at Sheridan, Deerfield, Stockade but never tried Pactola. Fishing report for that area got updated today -- sounds like fishing up there is turning up!!! Will post when I get back. :)

·
Registered
702 Posts
Lots a rainbow and panfish. Saw a guy this summer catch a fourty inch pike trolling spinners. very good structure and cover. Would be an awesome lake to ice fish i thought to myself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts