Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bro and I fished from 630am till 230pm. Kinda slow by my usual Mile standards, I blame the full moon and calm conditions for that. Still we caught Bows and some pike on Kastys and tubes.

Nate and the boys were out in force bow-hunting for Pike and Carp. There were about 7-8 boats at one time. 1st year I've seen that.

Final tally was 18 bows, 3 pike with largest bow at 19". I lost 2 bows in the same 19-20" range. We caught everything in 8 ft of water.

At 2pm or so the weather turned from placid to whitecaps in about 3 minutes. Big bolts of lightning everywhere. We got the heck out of Dodge.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nice fish! Those will be some good eating. I've been thinking about setting my bow up for fishing but I don't have a boat, so it would be kind of pointless.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Bowfishing pike - So more great thinking by the CPW or what? WTF

The take of Northern Pike by archery equipment, a relatively new law initiated and changed by the DOW itself; went into effect January 1st 2011 as noted in Chapter 1 #103 of the fishing regulations. This is a gone awry species according to the DOW. Given this is a new law and each lake has the ability to override this regulation be sure to review Chapter 1 #108 as well as checking with lake/property authorities before attempting to harvest this species at any body of water.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice, I heard it was a tough day. If they are shooting pike, Nate and the boys can EAD, whoever they are.
Tightline Outfitters.
It doesn't bother me either way, I think if you slab some big pike(not all) the trout will get bigger.

That lakes been getting pounded for years and yet it always fishes the same:excellent-

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Nate does all kinds of cool stuff. He can take you hunting for Mountain Lion if you want. 8) With bowfishing, he's usually after carp.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I would be stunned if nate z bow fished for pike!...

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Peeps would prolly pay more for pike hunting than carp-

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
I just went to the horses mouth and texted Nate and asked him the following:

Me: I heard a rumor are you doing paid guided trips bow hunting for pike?

Nate: NO!! Carp yes, Pike no

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Glad to hear it :thumb:

Thanks for finding out. I've heard nothing but good things about that outfit so that was a shock.

·
Registered
16,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I imagine those Pike would be kinda hard to sneak up on-

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I imagine those Pike would be kinda hard to sneak up on-

Not at all..When they're sunning they don't even want to get out of your way. Like I mentioned, last week at Spinney, there had to have been 30 or more stacked up in an area about 30 feet by 50 feet. Had no desire to eat..but weren't skittish at all. I could get within ten feet of them. Bow fishing sucks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts