Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many of you are aware but for those of you new to the area or in doubt, please note the following, so you don't end up with a problem with the Rangers or Law Enforcement.

From Nov. 1st until ice on, pontoons, float tubes canoes, kayaks or pretty much anything else you might be floating in.
You are not allowed to have electric or gas motors, no paddles, the only method of propulsion is a pair of flippers. This holds true on 11 Mile, Spinney Mtn. and also on Antero when it is open.

For the life of me I don't understand why these restrictions were put in place and have yet to have a reasonable answer from a warden or Parks employee as to what it is supposed to accomplish other than to keep sane folks off the water. Trust me, you don't want to be in the middle of a South Park reservoir without some type of real propulsion at this time of year

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Stupid regulation but it has been that way for years.

There are other state lark lakes that officially close to boats on 10/31 but still allow you to launch if you call ahead and get your boat inspected. I wish the South Park lakes would do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It really doesn't make sense but I along with a fishing buddy was ordered off 11 Mile a few years ago in Nov. my friend had paddles on his toon and I had my small gas motor, we were both told "Nothing but fins are allowed". The young man showed me the rule and they told us we could go back but with fins only. The next day we were in the same area and we saw the rangers come by 3 times checking us out with binoculars, we only had fins and weren't approached. I'm familiar with high end silicon fins and still don't want to be on any of the South Park lakes w/o propulsion, I guess I'm just getting old.
Bill

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I've had at least 3-4 conversations with the head ranger at Eleven Mile. They blame the closing on the ANS debacle, but Blowfish is basically right above. They don't want to keep the lakes open to boats past 10/31.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
With fees going up they will have alot more money and lakes will stay open to boating from ice off to ice on. :)

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
11 Mile is the same lake you cannot wade in unless you have waders on. They don't want you contaminating the water source! Cattle pissing and shitting is OK.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts