Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I went to spinney twice this weekend. Once with my cousin David on sat, and alone on Sunday.

Sat we caught 8 fish total. 4 each. The weather was brutally cold. My braid and eye lids were freezing over. Visabilty was 30 yards at one point from the fog. Had about a half inch of water in the boat from the waves crashing into it, which froze our feet pretty good. Handling and releasing the fish without gloves was not happening.

Sunday was a completely different day. Sunshine and calm waters. I landed 8 fish total.

Both days the tackle used was swimbaits and crank baits with a little bit of spinners.

Only caught 3 pike the whole weekend. Even though that is what I was targeting. Any tips fo me in case I can get up again before closing?

Oh and the video from this weekend is in the chronicles (Murphy's law) Check it out. A trout stole my rod and reel! Lol seriously

·
Registered
386 Posts
ROD FLOATS

It really makes sense, if you fish two rods, to equip them with floats. I can't tell you how many outfits I would have donated to these lakes over the past 10 years if I didn't have floats on my outfits.
Three bucks is pretty cheap insurance to protect your investment.
Bill

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the product recommendations. ill def look into both. Its my first year really fishing from a boat so i am still learning quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Jerkbaits for the pike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts