Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to a Park South of town. Got into a mixed bag today.

It isn't as cold as my dad makes it look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
P I K E
10,116 Posts
Right on bud, good trip! Your dad looks like he's having a great time, say hey for me!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And Sunday's catch.

It sure is nice to have a fish cleaning station.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff! You ready for some bird hunting?
Already went to South Dakota once. Going again in December. I think I will stay home next weekend. You going out?

Right on bud, good trip! Your dad looks like he's having a great time, say hey for me!
Thanks Tony. I will let him know.

Sweet, looks good..
Thanks Steve. Hoping to do a Granby trip before end of year. We will see if it happens.

Bragging board material right there!!!

I'm just glad that wasn't the big fish of the trip. We caught a lot of blue gills this time around. That's unusual for us.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Outstanding your dad looks pretty happy...thats all that matters!!!!good on you!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Good stuff! Great fish. I still struggle fishing for walleyes out there, but it might be because I'm usually there the last week of July.

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Good eats! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Outstanding your dad looks pretty happy...thats all that matters!!!!good on you!!!!
We have a good time fishing together. Gotta take advantage of that time while I can.
Thanks!
Good stuff! Great fish. I still struggle fishing for walleyes out there, but it might be because I'm usually there the last week of July.
I feel like I struggle too. I always hear reports (and photos) of huge numbers, but I usually don't make that happen.

Good eats! :thumb:
Dinner tomorrow. Care to share a recipe?

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
We have a good time fishing together. Gotta take advantage of that time while I can.
What my former boss told me: "There's always too much time when they are alive, then there's no more time when they are gone."

Dinner tomorrow. Care to share a recipe?
I could, but they are traditional recipes and might not be to your liking...

·
Registered
936 Posts
Add creole seasoning to the panko and you won't regret it. I usually add some milk to the egg mixture as well. I'm not sure why though, it's just the way I was taught.

Another really good recipe is using crushed cheeze its or ritz crackers as the breading instead of panko.

Oh, and make sure to use peanut oil... Now I'm really getting hungry.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was going to have to google panic, but if I can use the crackers, we have those. I am getting hungry now too.....

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was going to have to google panic, but if I can use the crackers, we have those. I am getting hungry now too.....
If you go with crackers make sure to really crunch them up. I usually put them in a plastic 1 gallon bag and use a can of soup or something to crush them as good as I can.

Panko is just a breadcrumb style you can buy in a bag. Its almost always in the baking isle at grocery stores.

http://www.chowhound.com/food-news/54616/how-is-panko-different-from-breadcrumbs/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts