Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its been a while sence my last post. been goin through some rough times. we lost a fishing buddy in a bike accident, R.I.P. RICK WE WILL MISS YA AND ALWAYS REMEMBER.
9/20
Now we've finally got out for the first time sence and he was there with us. We got there (between Deckers and Sedelia) at noon and fished till 5ish... It was non-stop action. we used salmon eggs and caught 20+ (lost track of count) fish a piece ranging from 6-20" fatboy bows. the 20" was pushin 2.5 pounds he was a fat one, but i didnt catch him buddy did. All but 3 (swallowed hooks) were released including the fatboy.
The water was clear, the lowest ive seen and was chilly, was too cold to stand in for me.. around 3ish a guy with a fly rod joined us about 20yards upstream from us. said he saw us catching fish both times he drove by and he wanted some of the action. He got it too, he used ant imitations and a home made salmon eggs looking fly that he dunked into a jar of salmon eggs. he caught 5 five when we were there but we left before him. All In all this day was a blast, i'm glad to be back fishing.

9/22 ???
hmm.. about 34 hrs later.. Water level.. about a half ft higher.. Current... alot faster.. Clarity... no... bummer, only fished for a hour dunno exactly what happened. any1 know? ... oh well its still a beautiful place to go. we thought about goin to rampart on the way back home, but we didnt have all our gear.

Went from non-stop to the skunk and its all good im jus glad to be fishing again.. 2 months with no fishing i was bout to go crazy!

until the next trip, take it easy
TF

C

·
0 Posts
Was this in the bait water? Part of that section is Flies and Lures.

Chooch

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Sounds like a great day to get back out there, when the water color and current change I usually switch to a crawler and do alot better if I'm not catching anything with the normal stuff I use. Sorry to hear about your friend, keep his memory alive and keep on fishing.

C

·
0 Posts
Does ANYONE think they can hook me up with directions to this and the many other mountain area waters there are? ???

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
thats a handy link to keep around thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts