Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the outlet last night from 10:00pm til 2:00am. 77 Degrees, light wind, full moon. Skunked! Weird, because I usually do pretty well here. I fished 2 rods, one with a night crawler in the current and with the other, I tried stick baits, deep divers, grubs, surface plugs, and finally tried drifting a night crawler below a piece of split shot. This last method is usually good for catching anything and everything. Nothing this time.

There was also a guy in a boat in the marina cove at the lake that was there the whole time that I was. He was skunked, too.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've caught walleye, smallies, largemouth, trout, channel cat and suckers.  The largest fish I pulled out of there was a 12 lb channel cat.  Some of the suckers I've pulled out were almost 2' long.  Over the years, I've pulled 4 walleye out over 18" and I've seen my buddies pull out more than that, although I checked with the ranger's office and they told me that size limits don't apply to the river, even though it's in the park.  I've seen guys pull monster trout out of there, too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts