Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to inform you guys that I have been scouting the SP below 285 and the flow rate has returned to normal after that onslaught of heavy releases. One very nice positive is that the water is ultra clear and the carp are still where they "should be". I was planning to wet a line today, but didn't have time.

I haven't seen the Platte look this clean through town in a while. Go out there and bring the fly rod... As I drove over the Mississippi Ave bridge today, I saw a few good sized suburban salmon. Water is clear, clean, and low. Perfect conditions for some spot-fishing.

Tight Lines.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
When do you leave the state? Seems like you should have left already.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Damn. I'm sorry buddy. These mean boys sure pick on you. Lets fish and be friends. What say you?

Love,

Roberto

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll miss you guys... Even the **** faces and ass cheeses on here. It sucks leaving Colorado, I have to admit. And I'm not looking forward to it.

So don't you worry. I'll be gone soon enough... and you won't have to worry about me fucking up Satan threads or posting about fishing with my kid or getting skunked anymore.

You'll all be missed, for sure.

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
You never answered my question.

Are you going to go ice on Saturday or not?

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
lol Poar Oprah taking a beating

Go ice fishing with goon! Get that fix as before you move

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'll let you know by this afternoon. Saturday morning is also the last shot I have to fish with my uncle before we leave, and if he wants to go up there, we'll follow behind you. If he wants to stay local and fish in town, that's what we'll do.

I fuckin wish I had more time.

·
Registered
458 Posts
I thought the flows were looking high... Maybe I can't read water. I need to get some of those guys. I will be up in South Boulder Creek tomorrow or carp it would be...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Don't know about you guys, but low and clear is about the worst set of catching conditions I've come across for FFing carp. I'll take a higher flow and a bit off color any day!

Dogwood

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The way the water was last week, you couldn't see anything... Just fast flowing brown muddy floodwater, 3-4 feet higher than it should have been. Real bad stuff. Couldn't spot fish AT ALL, from up high, shoreline, polars, whatever. Impossible to spot fish.

Maybe a middle ground would be preferable.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's a GREAT tool, Ricky, thanks!!

As I observed, over a 5 day period, flow/levels dropped significantly. I think that big surge there did alot to clean the riverbed too. Alot less garbage and such between 285 and Alameda. Water looks like high range creeks.... Super clear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts