Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother came from Tennessee for the weekend and wanted to try some trout fishing so we went back to Deckers about 2.5 miles upstream from the bridge at the old hotel. He does not fly fish so I got to play guide but you know... it's almost as much fun watching someone hook a nice fish as doing it yourself. Anyways, the sky was overcast early then cleared up, temps in the low 40's rising a bit later in the morning. The river is still very low and slow as shown in the pictures below. There are still a few caddis hatching with an occasional fish hitting them, but most of the fish were reluctant to bite a standard caddis dry. We did have good luck with a small caddis CDC emerger fished in the surface film. I was hoping for a BWO hatch with the cool rainy weather last night but nothing showed up. We had to leave the river just before noon. I've been fishing with a very long leader for this low, clear water. That's my brother holding the fish. All fish caught today were between 10 and 12 inches and the brown trout had good color.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts